Tuesday 11 March 2014

Mum in the Middle is Back



Not that I have actually been anywhere these past weeks and months.

No, I have been right here busily getting on with all the things that we mums do, it’s just that somewhere along the way, I stopped writing about it all.

However, recent events have drawn me back to the keyboard to share my experiences, so here I am again. To give you a quick update on my life over the past year:

I turned 50

My eldest daughter failed her exams and dropped out of college

Lots and lots and lots of serious conversations about life choices

I found my first grey hair

My mother had a fall and broke her hip

Lots and lots and lots of hospital visits

Consumed lots and lots and lots of wine

I started a writing group at the WI

My eldest daughter dropped back in to college on a different course

Several more grey hairs appeared – finally reached for the dye

My mother went home but can’t cope on her own

Lots and lots and lots of tears

Both of my daughters had stomach problems

Lots and lots and lots more hospital visits

Consumed lots and lots and lots of cake

My writing group published a book in aid of charity

Lots and lots and lots of hard work

The family changed to a FODmap diet

Wine and cake had to stop!


So, as you can see, there is a lot to write about.

Join me as I try to keep all the balls in the air and strive for a saner life!

No comments:

Post a Comment